Monday 18 January 2010

A wet Weekend.

Part A

The Paris Roubaix

I was out on my road bike Sat. in the rain, it was bad...and I saw the peleton coming towards me. Fella on the front out of the sadle with a river of grit running off his nose and chin. I turn round and chase onto the back of the group I look round quickly to see if I towed the straglers up as well and saw a ring of standing stones in a field? This breakaway group is hacking it and I settle down into a rythym and all I can do is watch the muddy water casscade off everyones bottom brackets onto the road. I realise a podium finish is slipping away as I know I cant help myself peeling off to the left at the T junction ahead. They go to Canturbury and I went left utterly mashed. I had to stop and turn round at this church. Patrixbourne or somewhere?





It was a couple of miles maximum back to where I saw the standing stones? Less than two, shocking....I dont know what they are? But not standing stones I think I would have seen them marked on a map. I will come back on my mountain bike and have a look at them another time.


Part B

The Mud Bath.

I met Andy and the group, we had a great ride in the mud. Andy's off in a large puddle already, then 20 minutes later were approaching another monster, he says 'How deep can it be'? What he should have said is, 'dont go through it because there is a hidden silver birch tree submerged in there'. We're both off and through the ice floating on the top.



We had 2-3 punctures and I rode over half the ride with no stopping power whatsoever, as the mud finally finished my brake pads off. I'll have to sort it. Great ride lots of chat and a lot of mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment