Sunday 24 January 2010

The Waters of Woe





How hard can these things be? I got to clam down because this new GPS gizmo is brain damage. Adventurer 2800. The bewilderment and frustration is ...........well boclkols I am going to talk about my successes instead. My brakes, I thought I'd fixed em a couple of days ago, but I had to revisit them tonight and I have repositioned them and they working really well, better than they ever have.



I rode with Andy to check out what looked like standing stones, turns out its a ruined medieval thing called Wells Chapel? A stream runs close by known locally as 'the Waters of Woe'. This 'waters of woe' thing is lingering in my head, its a great title, a bit of a downer as I imagine a well not of healing spa waters but waters of bad luck and a whole cursed negative Tutankhaman vibe. There used to be a hamlet called 'Well' nearby and I've got this vision of the people struggling to farm the land, droughts, bad weather and poorly children. Circumstances forcing the people to move away from their small doomed community. All because they drank from this water source.





Andy's so bloody happy he's talking about early spring, magnolia buds, innovative ideas and he is dancing on those pedals. His woes are gone and he's happy. I'm working on a couple of projects which require more effort than I was willing to give, but I have stepped up a gear or two and I am turning the corner on them now. I need to win another job to fill my time for max earning capacity and Arsenal lost 3-1to Stoke. Shocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment